Thursday 6 October 2011

Paul Gilbert - Insane Solo Live

Man this guy is just totally insane!!! Every now and then when I need some inspiration or just want to look at some awesome guitar solos I check out some of Paul Gilbert's Videos.

This is a recent one I watched and thought why the hell not share it??? So I am! He is playing on a custom Ibanez double neck guitar BUT, this is the insane thing... hes playing a specific and hardcore lick which only uses three strings..the cool thing is that normally you would use a technique called string skipping together with legato picking (stay tuned, I will be covering both these techniques soon). Now Paul is using legato picking but obviously with only three strings there isn't much string skipping going on!

So check out the below video! Comment and let me know what you think!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Metronome when you need it!