Tuesday 17 January 2012

Joe Bonamassa - Blues Guitar

Hey everyone, thought I'd share one of my all time favourite blues guitarists Joe Bonamassa. I lil video of hes style and then followed by a video of some of his influences and styles. Let me know what you think and if you like it let me know and I will cover some of his licks in a video lesson with tabs and share it with you!


The below is off of his Joe Bonamassa Rocking The Blues Guitarist DVD. Also he shows a quick tutorial on how to play swell chords...has a bit of a violin synth sound to it. 



Happy Rocking!!

1 comment:

  1. Its not an effect. In the 2nd vid you will find a nice detailed explanation of how he does it.. quite easy really.. It is something we guitarists like to call swell notes or chords. its when you play a note or chord with no volume on your guitar and slowly increasing volume just to quickly reduce it again before playing the next note/chord. This then in effect would create this unique sound...very cool. Try it out or if you are having trouble look at the second vid. If all else fails I will post my own tutorial for swell chords/notes. Happy Rocking and thanks for the comment!!

    ReplyDelete

Metronome when you need it!